22ND ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL COUNCILS OF AFRICA (AMCOA)
The Association of Medical Councils of Africa (AMCOA) is an Association of Medical Regulatory Authorities in Africa. The primary purpose of the association is to support medical regulatory authorities in Africa in the protection of the public interest by promoting high standards of medical education, registration, regulation and facilitate an ongoing exchange of information among medical regulatory authorities.
The Medical and Dental Council, Ghana is to host the 22nd Annual Conference from 22nd to 28th July, 2018 at the Royal Senchi Hotel, Akosombo, Ghana.
The conference will attract between 150 and 250 global health regulators from over 20 different countries including:
- Representatives of organisations that are members or associates of AMCOA
- Board members and staff of medical regulatory authorities
- Medical educators and accreditors of medical education
- Board members and staff of other health practitioners regulatory authorities
- Agencies that deal with complaints about health practitioners
- Government agencies which are involved in medical workforce and regulation
The 2018 conference will focus on the theme “The Changing Landscape in Medical Education & Training” with sub-themes:
- The Doctor we want
- Medical Core Curriculum & the Delivery Mode
- The Impaired Student
- Internship Training
- Competency Based Assessment of Candidates
- Local Graduates
- International Graduates
- Speciality Training
The conference will also provide networking opportunities through a unique social programme as well as offer conference participants the opportunity to experience the majestic feel of Ghana.